What is a charter flight?
A charter flight is a flight which is not part of the scheduled agenda provided by airlines. When you charter a flight, you are renting the aircraft for your own use, and on your schedule. You can select important details like the flight time and destination. This is in contrast to commercial flights, where you purchase a seat on a pre-existing flight.
There are several different types of charter flights:
- Private jet charter – this is what Paramount Business Jets specializes in. It means you’re renting the entire aircraft, instead of just a seat on a commercial plane.
- Public charter – usually operated by tour operators who rent an aircraft and are offered on a seasonal basis to popular destinations.
- Cargo – used to transport goods and luggage only.
- Affinity – similar to private jet charter, but passengers pay for individual seats on an aircraft they share with strangers.
How does a charter flight work?
You’ll be able to choose an aircraft that best suits your needs. This could be anything from a very light jet that only carries a couple of passengers to a large or ultra-long-range jet which can travel great distances and has multiple cabins.
You’ll typically depart from a fixed base operator (FBO.) This is a small terminal, usually located next to the main airport, which allows you to pass through security checks quicker. In some cases, you’ll be able to drive right up to the plane and there will be staff waiting to help with your bags.
Increased privacy is a big benefit. There will be far fewer passengers in the FBO than the main airport; the two experiences are at opposite ends of the scale in terms of speed and luxury.
Passengers on charter flights also do not have to settle for meals and amenities found on commercial flights. You’ll be able to customize meals, use Wi-Fi, hook up your smartphone and gadgets, and even enjoy movies and television programs on big screen TVs.
Simply put, chartering a flight is a superior experience.
- When is on-demand private jet charter better than buying a block of hours?
- Can I book a private jet for an entire month?
- When flying privately when is on demand private jet charter better value than the fractional?
- When is it necessary to hire an air ambulance?
- What are the disadvantages of on-demand private jet charter model?