Northolt Airport Private Jet Charter
Northolt Airport Private Jet Charter Services
Paramount Business Jets offers private jet charter flights and luxury airliner charters to and from Northolt Airport.
RAF Northolt Airport will be closed for runway renovation from April 15, 2019, until late October 2019. During this time, civilian aircraft are asked to use one of the other nearby London airports, including London City Airport, Biggin Hill Airport, Southend Airport and Farnborough Airport. Military aircraft will be diverted to RAF Benson in South Oxfordshire.
RAF Northolt is London’s most exclusive airport.
Just ask the Queen. It is the airport she and the prime minister use and is also the base location of The Queen’s Colour Squadron, the 63 Squadron RAF Regiment; and The Royal Squadron, 32 Squadron RAF Regiment.
Located in West London, RAF Northolt is also home to units from all three armed services and the Ministry of Defense. While the airport is used by both military and civilian aircraft, it is first and foremost a base of the Royal Air Force.
Aircraft movements – about 40 a day – remaining after slots are filled by the military are used by the royal family, visiting heads of state, government officials and finally, A-list travelers who charter private jets into RAF Northolt.
For VIPs, RAF Northolt has a private jet terminal, the Northolt Jet Centre. It services helicopters and private jets, including Boeing and Airbus business jets as well as long-range Gulfstreams.
The reason there are so few private jet movements is that military aircraft, visiting heads of state and training flights are given top priority. Private jets get any capacity that is left.
Northolt also has its own meteorologists on site during flying hours. They are sent from the Met Office, the United Kingdom’s national weather service.
What is the airport code for RAF Northolt Airport?
The ICAO code for RAF Northolt Airport is EGWU and its IATA code is NHT.
Airport Information for Northolt Airport (EGWU, NHT)
|LOCATION||Northolt, United Kingdom|
|Runway||Length (ft)||Width (ft)||Surface Type||Elevation (ft)|
Get a private jet quote to or from Northolt Airport
To book a private jet charter flight to or from Northolt Airport please send us an email or enter a few details below to get a price estimate online.
RAF Northolt Airport operating hours
RAF Northolt is not a 24-hour airport.
Hours for civilian aircraft, including chartered private jets, are:
- Monday through Friday: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saturday: 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Sunday and bank holidays: Noon to 7 p.m.
FBOs at RAF Northolt
Northolt Jet Centre
Northolt Jet Centre at RAF Northolt Airport is a sister FBO to the Northolt Jet Center at London City Airport.
The Jet Centre is small and efficient, perfect for the elite business traveler who hires a private jet into EGWU. It is possible to get from curbside to private jet in a few minutes with no lines and no waiting.
Next door to the terminal is the Queen’s lounge and hangars for The Royal Squadron. The meteorologists have offices on the second floor of the terminal.
The airport is ideal for those who hire a private jet into NHT for a business meeting. The FBO has conference rooms and a VIP lounge that are ideal for business and private jet users.
Northolt Jet Centre Premier Passenger Service has been an extension of London City Airport Jet Centre Ltd since 2006.
Northolt Jet Centre Premier Passenger Service boasts of a team of highly experienced workers who are expert at dealing with customer services, passenger handling and reliability.
“Our experienced handling team ensures that the client receives service excellence, with a courtesy that covers every aspect of the time the client spends in our FBO facility. This begins the second the client arrives at FBO and is personally greeted on arrival at the FBO, to ensure client’s needs are met without compromise,” the FBO promises on its website. Services and amenities include:
- Aircraft landing and parking
- Aircraft parking
- Crew facility
- Ground transportation
- Immigration and customs
- Passenger handling
- Passenger lounge
- Passenger meeting room (landside)
- Potable water
- VIP lounge
RAF Northolt info
- London RAF Northolt Airport is situated in Ruislip in Middlesex, England, 13 miles from Central London. It is on the A40, just inside the M25 motorway.
- While the number of slots available for civilian flights is very limited, there are proposals to increase the number (40 slots a day).
- Security is very tight at Northolt. If your passport details are not 100 percent correct, you may be turned away by the military.
- Despite being less than seven miles north of Heathrow, Northolt usually does not have arrival delays. When there are no westerly landings, air traffic controllers direct aircraft onto the approach lane over Wembley Stadium.
- RAF Northolt is not a designated Port of Entry but will accept domestic cats and dogs on flights within the United Kingdom. There are no animal welfare facilities at RAF Northolt.
- There is no official aircraft viewing area at RAF Northolt.
- RAF Northolt, which has been called “London’s premier business aviation airport,” is the prime landing location for private jets carrying passengers headed to Wembley Stadium and Wembley Arena.
- The airport is located about 10 miles from Kensington, Westminster and Marble Arch.
- The runway is ideal for all private jets with up to 29 seats and helicopters.
RAF Northolt and the military
RAF Northolt was opened in 1915. The base was used in World War II and, after the war, the airfield was used for civil aviation while Heathrow International Airport was built.
The strategic West London site of RAF Northolt is home to 33 supported units from all three Armed Services and the Ministry of Defense.
The resident Royal Squadron provides air transport to government and military leaders of the United Kingdom who are on official business.
More than 2,000 service personnel from all branches of the armed forces work at RAF Northolt as civil servants and contractors.
RAF’s notable dates in history
- 1915 – Opens as Royal Flying Corps' Military School, Ruislip.
- 1940 – Plays a key role in defending the United Kingdom during the Battle of Britain
- 1946 – Acts as the main London airport during the construction of Heathrow
- 1954 – Reverts to military use
- 1995 – The Royal Squadron (32) is formed and moves to RAF Northolt where it remains today
- 1997 – Is the airport for the plane bringing the coffin containing Diana, Princess of Wales, back to London after she was killed in a car crash in Paris.
- 2012 – Becomes a fighter station again – home to four Typhoon fighter aircraft – during the Olympics
- 2015 – Celebrates its 100th anniversary. Three years older than the RAF itself, RAF Northolt is the oldest Air Force base in Britain and has been the location of many historic events.
RAF Northolt in the movies
Scenes in three James Bond films, “Goldfinger,” “Thunderball” and “Octopussy” were shot at RAF Northolt with airport employees serving as extras in the fly-through-a-hangar stunt scene in the movie, “Octopussy.”
The airport also appears in scenes, often as a fictional airport, in the mini-series, “The Winds of War” and “The Bill” as well as may BBC shows, including “Waking the Dead,” “Doctor Who” and “Red Dwarf.” In 2010, RAF Northolt was used for action scenes in the finale of BBC’s “Ashes to Ashes.”
FBOs and Handlers at Northolt Airport, EGWU, NHT
|Northolt Jet Center||(442) 088-8844|
|Royal Air Force||(442) 088-8930|
METAR Weather Data at Northolt Airport, EGWU, NHT
|OBSERVED||Wed Apr 21, 07:50 UTC|
|NOW||Wed Apr 21, 08:09 UTC|
|AGE||19 min ago|
|WIND||NE at 13 mph|
|BAROMETER||1020 hPa (30.12 in Hg)|
|METAR||EGWU 210750Z 05011KT 7000 HZ FEW200 11/06 Q1020 BECMG 9999 NSW RMK WHT BECMG BLU|
Events Near Northolt Airport
- Sundance Film Festival London
- London Marathon
- Royal Ascot
- ATP World Tour Finals
- Farnborough Air Show
- Air Charter Expo
- F1 British Grand Prix
- Goodwood Festival of Speed
Top Private Jet Destinations Near Northolt Airport