Virgin Gorda Private Jet Charter Service
Virgin Gorda, the third largest of the British Virgin Islands, is an island of low-key luxury. Paramount Business Jets can arrange to get you to the Virgin Gorda Airport (VIJ) or to an airport on a neighboring island from which you can then ferry or water taxi in. Aircraft options are plentiful to and from the international airports of Cyril E. King (STT) on St. Thomas and Terrance B. Lettsome (EIS) on Tortola’s Beef Island (EIS). Six jet operators offer nine different types of aircraft, including the popular Piper Aztec, to carry your party of up to nine passengers. For more information on getting to Virgin Gorda, call Paramount Business jets toll-free at 1-(877) 727-2538 and we will make sure to get you the jet you need.
You can also call us 24/7 - 365 days a year at +1-877-727-2538.
Private Jets and Helicopters Available for Hire Near Virgin Gorda
|King Air 200||Turboprop Aircraft||1998||8|
Virgin Gorda Empty Leg Flights and Available Airport Options
Virgin Gorda Airports Within 50 Miles
- Beef Island Airport, TUPJ, EIS, Tortola Is., Virgin Islands, British
- Antonio Rivera Rodriguez Airport, TJVQ, VQS, Isla De Vieques, Puerto Rico
- Humacao Airport, X63, Humacao, Puerto Rico
- St. John Community Health Clinic Helipad, XH01, St. John, U.S. Outlying Islands
- Cyril E King Airport, TIST, STT, St Thomas Is., United States Minor Outlying Islands
- Adjuntas Airport, PR20, Adjuntas, Puerto Rico
- Henry E Rohlsen Airport, TISX, STX, St Croix Is., United States Minor Outlying Islands
- Benjamin Rivera Noriega Airport, TJCP, CPX, Isla De Culebra, Puerto Rico
- Cuylers Airport, 02PR, Vega Baja, Puerto Rico
- Diego Jimenez Torres Airport, TJFA, FAJ, Fajardo, Puerto Rico
Virgin Gorda Weather
|May 25||May 26||May 27||May 28||May 29|
|Precipitation||1.0 mm||1.8 mm||0.3 mm||18.5 mm||4.8 mm|
|Max Temp||27 °C, 81 °F||27 °C, 81 °F||27 °C, 81 °F||27 °C, 80 °F||28 °C, 82 °F|
|Min Temp||26 °C, 79 °F||26 °C, 79 °F||20 °C, 69 °F||17 °C, 62 °F||22 °C, 71 °F|
|Wind Direction||97 ° E||91 ° E||102 ° ESE||112 ° ESE||93 ° E|
|Wind Speed||23 km/h, 14 m||22 km/h, 14 m||20 km/h, 12 m||20 km/h, 13 m||24 km/h, 15 m|
Virgin Gorda Overview
Legend has it that Virgin Gorda, the “fat virgin,” was so named by Christopher Columbus who thought the island looked like a reclining pregnant woman with Gorda Peak as her belly and the boulders of The Baths as her toes.
Virgin Gorda is the third largest of the British Virgin Islands, an archipelago of 60 islands, keys and sandbars, some of which disappear at high tide.
The north shore of the 8.5-sq. mi. island is surrounded by other islands, protecting it from the winds of the Atlantic and giving it a reputation as a place where yachts can find safe harborage. But don’t think the entire island too upscale for any visitor. There are all sorts of accommodations, from campgrounds and cottages to luxury resorts and villas.
Before being taken over by the British in the late 1600s, the island with its many sheltered coves was used as a base for some notorious inhabitants like famous pirates Bluebeard and Captain Kidd. It adds to the mystique of the island.
On the north shore is The Baths, a geological wonder of granite boulders, weathered molten lava, that make sheltered sea pools on the beach's edge.
A series of steps and rope handrails help visitors get from the boulder-strewn beach to the sandy expanse of beach at Devil’s Bay. The reefs surrounding the island offer playgrounds for fish – and snorkelers.
Things to see on Virgin Gorda:
- The Copper Mine. Located on the southwest tip of the island and now a national park are the ruins of a copper mine built in 1837.
- Gorda Peak. Hike the second largest peak in the British Virgin Islands that lies on 265 acres of dry forest donated by philanthropist Lawrence Rockefeller. You’ll see plenty of reptiles, amphibians, birds and bats in addition to a panoramic view.
- Savannah Bay’s Underwater National Park. This snorkeling cove is home to thousands of reef fish swimming in colorful coral. Bring your own gear because there are no vendors renting it along the beach.