Can I fly with large sums of cash?
Yes, you can. This is a common occurrence for many private jet clients. For example, members of royal families may fly with millions of dollars in cash on their person.
You can fly with up to $5 million in cash as long as you declare that cash when going through customs. For domestic trips, there’s no limit and no need to declare it.
##Is there a fee for bringing a large sum of cash with you when you go through customs? No, there is no additional fee for bringing a large amount of cash. Simply state how much you have when passing through customs and it will not be a problem.
For example, we have previously been responsible for flying 15 Saudi princesses to the US. Each one had one million dollars in cash as well as a substantial amount of gold and diamonds. Because they declared this at customs, there were no issues.
- Do private jet operator insurances cover precious metal and gems?
- How long does a fuel stop for a private jet flight take?
- Are there any blackout dates for flying privately?
- What kind of inflight catering is available on a private jet?
- How soon can I have a private jet ready from the time I call in the request?