Pet Travel by Private Jet
If you're planning on taking your pet on your next trip, it doesn't get easier or safer than with Paramount Business Jets.
Traveling with a pet doesn't have to be a traumatic or risky experience; in fact, traveling by private jet allows both you and your furry friend to appreciate the calming reassurance of being together, and allows you to check on the well-being and happiness of your companion throughout the flight. As anyone who's traveled with a pet knows, nothing beats the comfort and peace of mind of knowing your companion is safe and sound right next to you. Paramount Business Jets will work closely with you to ensure that you have all the proper documentation and knowledge of pet travel guidelines, enabling you and your pet to reach your destination safely, happily, and together!
What are the advantages of private travel for pet owners?
- Private travel can be a great alternative for pet owners who want to avoid the risks, stress, and inconvenience of flying commercially with their companions.
- Flying with your pet in the cabin is significantly safer for them than being locked a cargo hold, and much more comfortable than being stowed under another passenger's seat.
- Size regulations are becoming more and more strict on commercial airlines, rendering pet owners with large animals very little flexibility when traveling.
- Airlines also limit the number of animals you are allowed to transport. Most airlines only allow one small animal in the cabin per passenger; additional animals must be stowed unsafely in the cargo hold.
- During both warmer and colder months, many airlines do not allow pets to travel in the cargo hold due to increased risk and liability issues.
- Breed restrictions limit some pet owners from traveling with their pets entirely.
- Flying privately allows you to give your pet personal attention and monitor their well-being throughout the flight.
What are the legal requirements for pet travel?
While countries have different guidelines regarding traveling with pets, as long as the pet owner provides current documentation for their pet, Paramount Business Jets can handle the rest by working through the appropriate channels to ensure that your trip is as smooth as possible for both you and your pet.
Requirements for Pet Travel in the USA
- Up-to-date rabies vaccinations are required when traveling through any part of the country.
- Cats and dogs must also be at least 8 weeks old.
- Animals must also be weaned.
- Some states require health certificates from a veterinarian.
In short, flying with your pet does not have to be a stressful experience. For owners concerned with the safety and comfort of their pets during air travel, flying by private charter is clearly the preferred option.
Choosing the Right Aircraft for Travel With Pets
Even in the comfort of a private jet, pets may become stressed at certain times, particularly during takeoff and landing. It’s best to choose the aircraft that will allow them to relax while in flight, including in terms of available space and cabin noise levels.
Owners of large breed dogs know that not all aircraft are suitable when flying with their pet. For example, aircraft with dropped center aisles may be uncomfortable for larger breeds, as they can only lay down in one direction down the aisle.
When traveling with larger breeds, we recommend using aircraft with a flat floor cabin that provide these animals the comfort of being able to lie down on their side and stretch out. Aircraft that with flat floor cabins suitable for large dogs include:
- Beech Jet 400 and 400A, light jet
- Hawker 400XP, light jet
- Nextant 400XT, light jet
- Citation Latitude, super mid
- Hawker 4000, super mid
- Falcon 2000, 2000EX, 2000LX, super mid
- Challenger 300, 350 super mid
- Any Large Jet
If you are flying with your pet, please please contact us for more important tips on how to make them even more comfortable while in flight.
If you plan to make an international trip with your pet, requirements vary by country and we can guide you to the relevant entities.
Speak with one our Private Aviation Consultants at +1-877-727-2538 or send us an email anytime. You can also get a quick quote online for pet travel charter flights to and from any destination in the world instantly.