Skis on Private Jets
Which type of private jets accommodate skis?
- Do private jets come with Wi-Fi?
- Do private jet aircraft remain with the client before flying back to home base?
- Which private jets have flat floor cabins?
- How many golf bags can I fit on board an aircraft?
- Can I access my luggage while in flight?
- What is a private jet floating fleet?
- What is a carbon-neutral flight?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of using a turboprop?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of chartering a helicopter?
- How long does a fuel stop for a private jet flight take?
The Citation Mustang, a four-seater aircraft, is built with a ski chute down the center of the plane. This creates a “hump” between the two seats in the back of the aircraft and on the floor, as the ski chute runs down the center of the aircraft.
Note that the Citation Mustang is the only aircraft outside of midsize jets that can carry skis. No other VLJ, light jet, or super light jet can carry them. All super midsize jets and above can accommodate skis.
Is there a limit as to how many sets of skis can fit onboard?
Yes, but that depends on the aircraft as well as if the skis come with boots and any other gear. It will vary based on the client's needs.
Often, people will rent skis from the resort. Or they'll ship skis ahead of their arrival. Rather than spend thousands of dollars for a larger aircraft that can accommodate skis, it's usually more cost-effective to mail the skis in advance.