Luton Airport Private Jet Charter
Luton Airport Private Jet Charter Services
Paramount Business Jets offers private jet charter flights and luxury airliner charters to and from Luton Airport.
London’s Luton Airport is the most popular airport for private jets in the United Kingdom.
The airport prides itself in providing security and anonymity to the royalty and millionaires that frequent its runways.
The airport recently introduced new restrictions on slots to better control the noise impact on the local community. There will be additional noise restrictions commencing Summer 2018 – between 2200Z to 0559Z from 1st June to 30th September.
Get a private jet quote to or from Luton Airport
To book a private jet charter flight to or from Luton Airport please send us an email or enter a few details below to get a price estimate online.
Where is Luton Airport?
Luton Airport is located about 34 miles north of London, near the M1 motorway, a major north-south road that connects London and Yorkshire.
What is Luton’s airport code?
Luton Airport’s IATA code is LTN; its ICAO code is EGGW.
How many London airports are there?
How big is Luton Airport?
It’s a fast-growing airport. In 2017, there were 135,000 flights handling 15 million passengers in and out of London Luton Airport, nearly double the number of flights it handled five years earlier. Some 13 airlines that fly to 30 countries have both scheduled and charter flights out of Luton. The airport is expanding in hopes of handling 240,000 flights (38 million passengers) a year by 2050. That would make it as big as Gatwick, the second biggest airport in the United Kingdom.
With a runway long enough to handle almost any plane but an airfield small enough to be easily navigated, it remains a favorite of private charter jet passengers.
Airport Information for Luton Airport (EGGW, LTN)
|Runway||Length (ft)||Width (ft)||Surface Type||Elevation (ft)|
Do many private charter jets fly into Luton Airport?
Some 30,000 private jets are expected to take off and land from Luton Airport this year. That number is a quarter of the private jets using all the airports in the entire United Kingdom.
And, the United Kingdom itself has a record number of private jets using its airports. The United Kingdom was found, in a 2017 survey done by a charter jet broker, to be the busiest European country for charter jets. Not far behind was Paris and then Germany and Switzerland. In the first quarter of 2017, there were actually more chartered jets flying in and out than there were privately owned jets – and the number of charters keeps growing.
Why is Luton Airport so popular with private charter jets?
Luton Airport allows celebrities, politicians and other A-list travelers to get in and out of London without being seen. It also has a relatively long runway and caters to private jet charters 24 hours a day. There is a private security screening room for passengers wanting one. And, since most VIPs go directly from car to plane, a private jet can take off 10 minutes after its passengers get to the airport. Upon touchdown, there is a way for elite travelers to get -- unnoticed -- to a couple of private buildings beyond the airport’s perimeter where they can be picked up.
How has Luton Airport changed over the years?
It used to be an airport used by budget carriers, a place to get a cheap flight to other European countries and a few farther destinations. However, more and more of its business is elite travelers coming in on private charter jets. The airport is expanding and modernizing to be able to handle both kinds of traffic. In recent years, a third terminal for private jets opened to meet the growing demand.
How long does it take to get to London?
It’s about a 35-minute train ride from Luton Airport to London. However, the airport is unfortunately located a little over a mile from the train station. Visitors must take a shuttle bus – or private car -- from the airport to the train station, tacking on another 15-30 minutes. However, plans are under way to bring the rail all the way to the airport.
When will Luton Airport’s new light rail system open?
Passengers will be happy to learn they no longer have to take a shuttle bus to get to the rail stop. A new 1.3-mile light rail system link, which will cost $280 million, is expected to be completed in late 2020 or early 2021. The automated, driverless train is to run 24 hours a day, taking passengers on a five-minute trip to the train station. Travelers should be able to get from the airport to London in 30 minutes. The rail link will be paid for by the airport owner, the borough of Luton, a city of about 200,000 people. Although it seems as if such a short link would be easy to build, it isn’t. The train station is downhill from the airport, making construction tricky and difficult.
(Luton is also spending $150 million to expand the airport to handle 18 million passengers a year by 2020.)
Things to do and see
- Wardown Park Museum, Luton: Explore Luton from pre-history to present day at the Wardown Park Museum. Check out the Luton Life Gallery and the U.K. lace collection. Nearby is St. Maurice Church and an art gallery.
- The Church of St. Mary, Luton: This huge church was built in the 10th century after the victory over the Danes. It was totally restored in the early 20th century. It’s definitely worth seeing.
- The Stockwood Discovery Centre, Luton: This interactive museum is a great place to take kids. The museum’s collection includes the Wenlok Jug and the Mossman Carriage Collection, which is the largest collection of horse carts in the United Kingdom. Many of the carriages have been loaned out for theatrical production and movies.
- The Shire London Golf Course, Barnet: Some 14 miles away is the famous golf course with a snake-like lake winding around the 18th hole. The lake is actually an “S” for Seve Ballesteros, who built The Masters at The Shire.
- The Sherlock Holmes Museum, London: Millions have visited the museum dedicated to the famous British sleuth. Located in an 1815 Georgian building, it has been left unchanged and is exactly like the lodging house described in the Sherlock Holmes stories.
- Wrest Park, Luton: This historic park, located on 90 acres, is a great place to go walking. Visitors can walk through a large rose garden that is home to many unusual and rare plants. There is also a French mansion on the property. In the summer, the park and its many sculptures and pavilions are used for festivals and other events.
- The ruins of the ancient Someries Castle, Luton: Originally built in the 15th century, the castle was nearly destroyed by the 18th century. The stones from the castle were, over time, taken by local residents to build their own houses. All that remains are fragments of the castle and a small watch house and chapel.
- Christmas in Luton: Since the city is a popular vacation get-away, there is plenty to do during the Christmas holidays. There are fairs and festivals and, of course, lots of shopping places.
- The Barton Hills National Nature Reserve, Luton: This nature reserve was formed by the chalk that is in the many natural springs in the park. A narrow valley with hills on either side was formed by the springs at the base of the valley. It’s fun to walk along the base or climb up to the rim. This is an especially great place to visit if you have a dog.
FBOs and Handlers at Luton Airport, EGGW, LTN
|Signature Flight Support Terminal 1||London Luton Airport,
Luton, LU2 9NT
|+44 1582 724182|
|Harrods Aviation||HARRODS AVIATION
|Landmark Aviation||Britannia House, Frank Lester Way, London Luton Airport ,
Luton, UK LU2 9NQ
|Menzies||+44 (0) 131 225 8555||www.menziesaviation.com|
|Servisair||+44 1582 432400|
|Swissport||+44 (0) 1582 70090|
METAR Weather Data at Luton Airport, EGGW, LTN
|OBSERVED||Wed Jan 27, 17:20 UTC|
|NOW||Wed Jan 27, 17:36 UTC|
|AGE||16 min ago|
|WIND||WSW at 3 mph|
|BAROMETER||1010 hPa (29.83 in Hg)|
|METAR||EGGW 271720Z AUTO 24003KT 9999 OVC010 08/07 Q1010|
Events Near Luton Airport
- London Marathon
- Sundance Film Festival London
- ATP World Tour Finals
- F1 British Grand Prix
- Royal Ascot
- Air Charter Expo
- Farnborough Air Show
Top Private Jet Destinations Near Luton Airport