Laurence G Hanscom Fld Airport (KBED) - Jet Charter Services
Elite business travelers to Boston who want to avoid the crowds at Logan International Airport, have a great option just 15 miles northwest of the city: Laurence G. Hanscom Field.
Located in Bedford, Hanscom Field is the region’s largest general aviation airport and the preferred destination of those renting private jets into Boston and New England. Hanscom Field is a modern, state-of-the-art airport that can handle any size private and corporate business jet.
Rent a private jet at Hanscom Field to travel to any domestic or international destination.
Bedford, which covers 14 square miles, was incorporated in 1729 with 50 households registered. Bedford’s population in 2012 was 14,500. A town of rivers, ponds, fields and forests, Bedford has about 65 miles of public roads.
What is the airport code for Laurence G. Hanscom Field Airport?
The ICAO code for Hanscom Field is KBED and its IATA code is BED.
Airport Information for Laurence G Hanscom Fld Airport (KBED, BED)
|LOCATION||Bedford, MA, United States|
|Runway||Length (ft)||Width (ft)||Surface Type||Elevation (ft)|
- Quote a trip using Laurence G Hanscom Fld Airport or call us 24/7 - 365 days a year at +1-877-727-2538.
FBOs at Hanscom Field Airport
There are three fixed-base operators offering full service and new facilities at L.G. Hanscom Field.
Some background: In the fall of 2011, Massport (the Massachusetts Port Authority) Board, looked to the future and realized the continued growth of business jet and general aviation traffic at the airport would require another fixed base operator, it requested proposals for one. The company that got the bid would have to build FBO facilities at both L.G. Hanscom and Worcester Regional airports. The winning bidder would be required to attract new aviation business as well as support current and future demand. In January 2012, it awarded the bid to Rectrix Aviation, which agreed to invest some $15 million to develop about 100,000 square feet of hangar and office space at Hanscom Field and to be able to accommodate large corporate aircraft. The facility, which is Retrix Aviation’s corporate headquarters, opened in 2014.
The FBO: The Rectrix Aerodrome Center in Bedford/Boston, the company’s flagship FBO, has an executive lounge with a fireplace and several widescreen TVs.
- 20,000 square feet of office and FBO space
- 24-hour service and security
- 60,000 square feet of heated hangar space
- Aircraft Maintenance
- Crew cars
- Crew lounge and snooze room
- Domestic and international handling
- Executive meeting and conference rooms
- Flight planning room and weather briefing area
- Gourmet in-flight catering service
- Ground power units and service equipment available
- NATA trained and pre-screened line service personnel
- Overnight, heated hangar service
- Tesla charging station
Jet Aviation Boston/Bedford, a member of the Air Elite Network, provides personalized, luxury services in its 360,000 square feet of space at Hanscom Field. It is open from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Its facility includes:
- A hangar campus of more than 120,000 square feet, capable of accommodating next-generation, large-cabin aircraft including Gulfstream G650 and Global 7000.
- A new 18,000 square-foot executive terminal, which is a two-story building with amenities such as customer lounges; pilot shower and snooze rooms; and a pilots’ lounge; and two state-of-the-art conference rooms.
- A 40,000 square-foot hangar that was built in 2011. The hangar can accommodate large corporate aviation and chartered business jets.
- Some 80,000 square feet of remote, private parking.
Other amenities of the FBO with headquarters in Basel, Switzerland, include:
- 24-hour security, fully TSA compliant
- Aircraft exterior and interior cleaning
- Complete line service
- Crew lounge and snooze room
- De-Icing (Types I and IV)
- Domestic and international handling
- Executive lounge and conference room
- Guarded entry to ramp
- Flight planning room and weather service terminals
- Passenger and crew transportation, crew cars
- Three heated hangars
Signature Flight Support
Signature Flight Support services private and chartered business jets into Hanscom Field Airport, an option for elite travelers seeking to avoid the congestion of Boston Logan International Airport. Amenities include:
- 24-hour surveillance
- 700,000 square-foot ramp
- 90,000 square-foot hangar
- Agricultural clearance
- Aircraft cleaning
- Aircraft parking long term
- Baggage carts
- Belt loader
- Business center
- Conference room
- Courtesy crew cars
- Crew room
- Customs and immigration
- Flight planning
- Fork lift
- Golf cart service
- Helicopter handling
- Limousine service
- Long term vehicle parking
- Medical/ambulance capabilities
- Passenger lounge
- Ramp side vehicle access
- Scissor lift
- Snooze room
- Sports charter handling
- Tie downs
- Transient hangar space
- VIP/heads of state handling
- Weather planning service
And specialties, including:
- Complimentary toiletries
- Dry cleaning
- Freshly baked cookies
- Hot chocolate
Interesting facts about Hanscom Field Airport
- Hanscom Field is the second busiest airport in Massachusetts – after Boston Logan International.
- It is in a convenient location for anyone hiring a private jet into Boston to go to eastern Massachusetts or any of the technology businesses located along I-95 and I-495 in Bedford, Concord, Lexington or Lincoln.
- Its modern facilities make it a favorite premier full-service landing spot for corporate and general aviation.
- In 2014, the Massachusetts Department of Transportation’s Aviation Economic Impact Study found 1,745 full-time equivalent jobs with ties to Hanscom Airfield. The study also found that Hanscom Field Airport generated $348 million in economic benefits to the area.
- Massport (the Massachusetts Port Authority) operates Hanscom Field.
- The Massachusetts State Police and Massport Fire-Rescue provide security and emergency services to Hanscom Field Airport.
- The total area of Hanscom Field is 1,300 acres.
- Hanscom Field houses the largest number of private jets in New England. More than 100 jets, ranging in size from very light jets to Global Express and Challenger aircraft, are kept there.
- In 2015, there were 128,279 aircraft operations, broken down like this:
- 63.7 percent: Single engine piston aircraft
- 22.0 percent: Jet operations
- 5.6 percent: Turboprop aircraft
- 6.1 percent: Helicopter operations
- 2.2 percent: Twin engine piston operations
- 0.4 percent: Military operations
- Hanscom is the airport of choice of corporate aviation, private pilots, flight schools, charters and light cargo.
Bedford means business
Bedford lies along the 55-mile Boston beltway – I-95 -- that has been nicknamed “America’s Technology Highway.” Massachusetts Route 128 was among the first cities to have a tech boom in the late 1990s.
In fact, Boston’s Technology Corridor just might be – or become -- the second largest technology hub after Silicon Valley. TripAdvisor, Constant Contact and Hubspot, which develops marketing software, have headquarters there.
Part of the reason technology firms took root in the area is because it is near Harvard and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Graduates of those colleges became entrepreneurs with their technology startups that significantly boosted the Boston area economy.
Harvard and MIT aren’t the only colleges in the area. In fact, there are more than 50 colleges and universities there.
There are six data centers on Route 128 in the greater Boston area.
Two years ago, General Electric moved its headquarters from Fairfield, Conn., to the Seaport District in South Boston, which has become a hub for biomedical, technology and pharmaceutical companies.
Even though General Electric is known for making jet engines, locomotives and gas turbines. Its corporate reputation is tied to producing big, heavy equipment like jet engines, locomotives and gas turbines, it sees its future as a software company as these machines become loaded with sensors and computers.
And, Boston means sports
If sports, and not business, is your game, charter a private jet to BED to watch the NHL’s Boston Bruins.
Charter a private jet into Hanscom Field Airport to see the MLB’s Boston Red Sox.
Hire a private jet to KBED to see the NBA’s Boston Celtics.
FBOs and Handlers at Laurence G Hanscom Fld Airport, KBED, BED
|Jet Aviation||380 HANSCOM DR||(781) 274-0030|
|Signature Flight Support||180 HANSCOM DR||(781) 274-0010|
|Rectrix Aerodrome Center||777 Virginia Rd
Concord MA 01742
|+1 781 274 0400|
METAR Weather Data at Laurence G Hanscom Fld Airport, KBED, BED
|OBSERVED||Mon Apr 22, 03:56 UTC|
|NOW||Mon Apr 22, 04:18 UTC|
|AGE||22 min ago|
|BAROMETER||1019 hPa (30.10 in Hg)|
|METAR||KBED 220356Z AUTO 00000KT 10SM CLR 13/11 A3010 RMK AO2 SLP207 T01330111|