Rock and Roll Hall of Fame InductionsMicrosoft Theater, Los Angeles, CA
Charter a Private Jet to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductions
“Rock ’n’ roll is not an instrument; Rock ’n’ roll is not even a style of music. Rock ’n’ roll is a spirit. And what connects us all is that spirit. Rock ’n’ roll is not conforming to the people who came before you, but creating your own path in music and in life.”
That was part of Ice Cube’s acceptance speech in 2016 when his band, N.W.A., was inducted into the Rock ’n’ Roll Hall of Fame.
We Can Get You There
If you have that spirit and want to see the Rock ’n’ Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony, Paramount Business Jets can arrange a charter flight for you that will take you to the ceremony in the style of your favorite rock ’n’ roller.
Until 2016, the annual ceremony had rotated between New York, Los Angeles and Cleveland, where the Rock Hall is actually located. However, Los Angeles has been dropped. The ceremony now rotates between New York and Cleveland, but in 2022, the Awards are yet again hosted in Los Angeles.
In odd years, Paramount Business Jets can arrange a charter flight for you into any New York City area airport.
In even years, Paramount Business Jets can arrange a charter flight for you into any nearby Cleveland airport.
- Northrop Field Municipal Airport, KHHR, HHR, Hawthorne, United States (9 miles)
- Compton/Woodley Airport, KCPM, CPM, Compton, United States (10 miles)
- Los Angeles International Airport, KLAX, LAX, Los Angeles, United States (11 miles)
- Santa Monica Municipal Airport, KSMO, SMO, Santa Monica, United States (11 miles)
- Hollywood Burbank Airport, KBUR, BUR, Burbank, United States (12 miles)
- El Monte Airport Airport, KEMT, EMT, El Monte, United States (13 miles)
- Long Beach Municipal Airport, KLGB, LGB, Long Beach, United States (17 miles)
- Zamperini Field Airport, KTOA, TOA, Torrance, United States (17 miles)
- Whiteman Airport, KWHP, WHP, Los Angeles, United States (18 miles)
- Van Nuys Airport, KVNY, VNY, Van Nuys, United States (18 miles)
Get a Quick Quote Online and Book
Your Jet Early!
Booking early has many advantages. Enter a few details below to start planning your private jet flight to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductions.
How The Artists Are Chosen
Performers, composers, and musicians become eligible for induction into the Rock ’n’ Roll Hall of Fame 25 years after the release of their first record.
“Besides demonstrating unquestionable musical excellence and talent, inductees will have had a significant impact on the development, evolution, and preservation of rock ’n’ roll,” is the way in which winning entrants are described on the rockhall.com, the official website of the Hall of Fame.
Nominations are made by the Rock ’n’ Roll Hall of Fame Foundation's nominating committee. Then, ballots are sent to more than 900 members of the music industry, including past inductees.
In 2012, the public at large was given one vote.
The top five vote-getters are that year’s inductees.
In addition to the performer category, which, according to rockhall.com, “honors bands or solo artists which demonstrate musical excellence. Such a descriptor includes (but isn't limited to) influence on other performers or genres; length and depth of career and catalog; stylistic innovations; or superior technique and skills,” there are several other awards handed out:
- The Ahmet Ertegun Award: Honors “songwriters, producers, disc jockeys, record executives, journalists, and other industry professionals who have had a major influence on rock ’n’ roll.”
- Early Influences: Given to artists who “pre-date the birth of rock ’n’ roll, but have had a profound impact on music's evolution and its iconic artists.”
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Award for Musical Excellence: Honors “performers, songwriters and producers who have changed the course of music history. These artists have dedicated their lives to creating influential, important music infused with originality, and have achieved a level of timeless distinction.”
The Class of 2022
These are the artists that will be inducted at the 37th annual ceremony on November 5 at Microsoft Theatre in Los Angeles:
- Pat Benatar
- Duran Duran
- Dolly Parton
- Lionel Ritchie
- Carly Simon
Award for Musical Excellence: Judas Priest, and Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis
Early Influence Award: Harry Belafonte, and Elizabeth Cotten
Ahmet Ertegun Award: Allen Grubman, Jimmy Iovine, and Sylvia Robinson
Find a complete list of inductees here.
Cleveland, Well, Of Course
Poor Cleveland. Always taking it on the chin. It’s been called the Mistake on the Lake. Pollutants once made the Cuyahoga River, which runs through it, catch fire.
But, there’s no mistaking its fame as the birthplace of rock ’n’ roll.
It was a disc jockey on local radio station, WJW, who used the phrase, “rock ’n’ roll” to describe the upbeat tempo of R&B records in the early 1950s.
That notoriety was enough for the city to land the Rock ’n’ Roll Hall of Fame Museum (which opened in 1995) but, for many years, not enough to land the induction ceremony itself.
There was more money to be raised in New York, promoters said.
But the City of Cleveland kept pushing for it to be held there and promoters finally agreed to rotate the ceremonies between New York, Los Angeles and Cleveland.
In 2016, Los Angeles was dropped from the rotation. Cleveland showed it could raise money as well as the next city. The ceremony will be held in NYC in 2017 and, then, in odd years with Cleveland hosting the ceremony on even years.
In 2022, the Awards are yet again hosted in Los Angeles.