Wi-Fi on Private Jets
Do private jets come with Wi-Fi?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of chartering a helicopter?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of using a turboprop?
- What does private jet owner approval mean?
- When should private jets be refurbished?
- When should I hire a Boeing Business Jet?
- What is a carbon-neutral flight?
- What are the disadvantages of on-demand private jet charter model?
- Can I fly with large sums of cash?
- How long does a fuel stop for a private jet flight take?
- Do I have to stop for customs when I fly on a private jet?
Many private jets do have Wi-Fi. Increasingly, more and more operators offer it for free.
At Paramount Business Jets we categorize aircraft in two ways:
- No Wi-Fi. This means Wi-Fi is not available
- Wi-Fi capable. This means the aircraft offers Wi-Fi, either for free or at a charge
- Free Wi-Fi is common on US domestic flights. But when flying internationally, you’ll be charged on a different type of Wi-Fi which is charged by the megabyte. It can become costly; Wi-Fi usage on a flight from Europe to the United States could cost from $300 - $6,000.
How much does Wi-Fi cost on a private jet?
This varies based on operator and region, ranging from $3.00 – $8.50 USD per megabyte. Opening up social media sites which are rich in images and videos could quickly cost you $20. Downloading a feature-length movie could cost thousands.
If Wi-Fi is an important part of your flight experience, make sure you understand how much it will cost before booking your flight. Your broker should be able to explain this to you.